Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Here's a recent email exchange I had:


Timothy Young to scragun* Jan 14 (7 days ago)

Susie*,

I graduated from WSU's MAcc program in '07. I've been working as an auditor in public accounting since then. I got laid-off in October due to a reduction in force at the firm where I was working. Now I'm looking for a new job. I've had a lot of interviews, but no offers.

While I was in school I was on your mailing list and it seemed like I got job announcements all the time. Could you please put me back on your mailing list so I can find out about jobs that I'm qualified for?

Thanks,
Tim Young




Susie Cragun to me Jan 15 (7 days ago)


Tim:


I will be happy to do so. I haven't had any openings, either, for quite awhile but I anticipate that after the inauguration next Tuesday, things will settle into place and employers will begin to hire, once again.

Think positive!

Susie



Here's the reply I would have sent, if not for my keen sense of t
act:

Susie,

I already have my palm leaves ready because I, too, anticipate that all the wrongs of the world will be righted once we coronate our blessed messiah.

Peace be with you,
Tim







Ironic then, don't you think, that I recieved a job offer today.

*Name has been changed to protect the privacy of Obamites

2 comments:

Kami said...

That is ironic. However, her email made me gag excessively, especially since our neighbor is a huge Obama fan. We listened to all the election night count, all the inauguaration stuff Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, plus of course, Hardball after it ended. All thanks to our neighbors loud TV set.

Timothy Young said...

Ahh, the joys of living in an apartment.