Friday, January 23, 2009

I Hope I'm Wrong About This

We're taking our kids to the open house for the Draper, Utah LDS temple. I'm really apprehensive about this. Our children have a difficult time staying close to their parents during the twenty-yard walk from the entrance to the chapel when we go to church. They have a tendency to run down the wrong hallway when they notice that Mom and Dad are sufficiently occupied with some task that will prevent them from stopping their wayward wandering. Or they sprint down the hall and into the chapel, far enough ahead of their parents that they have time to walk up and down the aisles several times before they're apprehended. Inevitably this happens more often than not after the sacrament service has already started.

So I don't have particularly high hopes of them behaving properly while we tour the open-house. My imagination keeps giving me visions of them trying to run ahead of the line, climbing on the furniture, and generally causing mayhem. This will lead to me holding one or both of the two oldest by the arm tightly enough to keep them from running around, which will of course cause one or both of them to start proclaiming for all the world that I should "Let go!" because "You're hurting me!"

Of course we'll explain to them before we get there that we expect them to be on their best behavior. But my children don't seem to be able to understand what best behavior means. Whenever I try to to explain the idea to them they smile and nod and say "Yes Dad" and immediately begin looking for a piece of furniture to use as part of a gymnastics routine.

Did I say I'm feeling apprehensive about today's outing?

8 comments:

Andrea said...

When have they EVER wandered up and down the aisle during Sacrament meeting?? Name one time.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I began to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://dumumuro.dreamstation.com/tekywid.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , perhaps very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://lorelope.lookseekpages.com/ohuxih.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can say that I agree with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is stationary a without question as you did in the decrease issue of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=windows vista ultimate dell oem 32bit genuine ?
I noticed the utter you suffer with not used. Or you functioning the black methods of inspiriting of the resource. I take a week and do necheg

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Anonymous said...

It is my first post here, so I would like to say hallo to all of you! It is unquestionably pleasure to be adjacent to your community!